The European People’s Party (“the EPP”) is committed to protecting your personal information and to respecting European legislation and its transposition into Belgian law on the matter. This document explains what information we collect and how we collect it.
The EPP respects an individual’s right to privacy and is committed to ensuring that people are treated fairly, in everything we do. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) outlines the types of personal data we collect and use, and how we may disclose that information.
This Notice applies to all personal data collected and used by the EPP about the general public. This Notice also applies to campaigns we carry out through third party social media sites (e.g. Facebook or Twitter), which we may use to gather public information about you. These sites should also have their own privacy policies that cover the information they capture about you.
After reading this Notice, if you have any further questions about how your personal data may be used, you can contact us using the details at the bottom of this page.
OUR DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
The EPP may use the information you’ve provided in order to contact you. By providing your data to us, you are consenting to our making contact with you in the future by email. You can always opt out of communications at any time by following the instructions on the UNSUBSCRIBE PAGE.
WHAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The EPP will collect information about you so that we can provide you with more information about policies or campaigns that you showed interested in or opted-in.
We collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you sign a petition, send us an email or sign up to receive email updates, connect through social media, fill out a form or request information. Such information may include personal details, such as your name, address, e-mail address, country and preferences such as topics of interest. Personal and demographic information may also be collected if you provide such information in connection with leaving comments or other content or in sending an email or message to us. In addition, from time to time, we may collect demographic, contact or other personal information you provide in connection with your participation in surveys, contests, games, promotions or event registrations.
HOW WE USE / SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect from you for the following reasons:
· To send you confirmations, updates and alerts;
· To send you newsletters or sending you information to keep you informed about various campaigns, candidates, issues, policies, events, resources, promotions, and contests;
· To respond to your emails, submissions, requests, questions and comments;
· To canvass for political support;
· To remind you to vote;
· For any other purpose for which the information may have been explicitly collected
INFORMATION SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES
It is our policy not to share the personal information we collect from you through our website, landing pages or social media with third parties.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION ONLINE
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information in order to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Questions? If you have any questions about this document, please contact the EPP at +32 2 2854140, or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you visit our Website, we may place the following cookies:
· Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Websites or landing pages and to use some of its features.
· Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Websites or landing pages but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality (like videos) may become unavailable.
· Analytics and customisation cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Websites or landing pages are being used or how effective are marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our Websites or landing pages for you. (Google analytics, NationBuilder, Unbounce)
· Marketing cookies: these cookies are used to track visitors across websites and landing pages. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers. (Facebook, Twitter, Google Analytics).
HOW CAN I CONTROL COOKIES?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies.
· Internet Explorer
For other browsers please consult the documentation of the browser itself.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
(1) Below we inform about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that is personally available to you, eg. Name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) Responsible acc. Article 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO) is the EPP, Rue de Commerce 10, 1000 Brussels. Our data protection officer can be reached at our postal address with the addition “the data protection officer”.
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or through a contact form, the information you provide (your e-mail address, your name and telephone number if applicable) will be stored by us to answer your questions. We delete the data that arises in this context after the storage is no longer required, or limit the processing if there are statutory retention requirements.
(4) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for other purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the respective processes. In doing so, we also name the specified criteria for the storage duration.
(1) You have the following rights with respect to the personal data concerning you:
• right to information,
• right to rectification or deletion,
• right to restriction of processing,
• right to object to the processing,
• Right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to complain to us about the processing of your personal data by a data protection supervisory authority.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA WHEN VISITING OUR WEBSITE
(1) In the merely informative use of the website, ie if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we will only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to show you our website and to ensure the stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 DS-GVO ):
• Anonymized IP address
• Date and time of the request
• Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
• Content of the request (concrete page)
• Access Status / HTTP status code
• each transferred amount of data
• Website from which the request comes
• Operating system and its interface
• Language and version of the browser software.
(2) Furthermore, cookies are stored on your computer when using the websites. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and assigned to the browser you are using, and that provide certain information to the body that sets the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies can not run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
• Transient cookies (temporary use)
Persistent cookies (temporary use)
• third-party cookies (third-party)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include, in particular, the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser setting according to your wishes. B. decline the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Please be aware that you may not be able to use all features of this site.
e) The Flash cookies used are not detected by your browser but by your Flash plug-in. Furthermore, we use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your device. These objects store the required data regardless of your browser and do not have an automatic expiration date. If you do not want to process the Flash cookies, you will need to install an add-on such as: For example, “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using private mode in your browser. In addition, we recommend regularly checking your cookies.
MORE FEATURES AND OFFERS OF OUR WEBSITE
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various offers that you can use if you are interested. To do this, you will usually need to provide additional personal information that we use to provide the offers and for which the aforementioned data-processing principles apply.
(2) In part, we use to process your data from external service providers. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly inspected.
(3) Insofar as our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
§ 5 Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke them at any time. Such revocation will affect the admissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have given it to us.
(2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if, in particular, the processing is not required to fulfill a contract with you, which we present in the following description of the functions. In the event of any such disagreement, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the case of your justified objection, we examine the situation and will either discontinue or adapt the data processing or point out to you our compelling legitimate reasons on which we continue the processing.
(3) Of course, you may object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. About your opposition you can contact us at the following contact details: EPP, Rue de Commerce 10, 1000 Brussels.
USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA PLUG-INS
(1) We are currently using the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. By visiting our pages, we assume that you agree to the terms and conditions of each operator. Thereafter, the plug-in provider receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online service. In addition, the data referred to in part 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. In the case of Facebook, according to the respective provider, the IP address is anonymized immediately after collection. By activating the plug-in, personal data will be transmitted by you to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (with US providers in the USA).
(2) We have no influence on the collected data and data processing operations, nor are we aware of the full extent of the data collection, the purpose of processing, the retention periods. We also have no information to delete the data collected by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider saves the data collected about you as usage profiles and uses these for purposes of advertising, market research and / or tailor-made website design. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (also for non-logged-in users) for the presentation of needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the formation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this. The plug-ins allow us to interact with social networks and other users so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DS-GMO.
(4) The data transfer takes place regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged into the plug-in provider, your data collected from us will be assigned directly to your existing account with the plug-in provider.
(5) For more information on the purpose and extent of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider, please refer to the privacy statements of these providers, which are provided below. There you will also find further information about your rights and settings options for the protection of your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL with their privacy notices:
a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; For more information about data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and http: //www.facebook .com / about / privacy / your-info # everyoneinfo. Facebook has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield,https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US Framework.
b) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St., Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US Framework.
INTEGRATION OF YOUTUBE VIDEOS
(1) We have included YouTube videos in our online offerings, which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and are directly playable from our website. These are all integrated in the “extended privacy mode”, d. H. that you do not transfer data about you as a user to YouTube if you are not playing the videos. Only when you play the videos, the data mentioned in paragraph 2 will be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transfer.
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data referred to in part 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This happens regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account that you are logged in to, or if there is no user account. When you’re logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and / or customization of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide appropriate advertising and to inform other users of the social network about their activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these User Profiles, and you must comply with YouTube to exercise them.
USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS
We use Google Analytics to analyze website usage. The resulting data is used to optimize our website. Google Analytics is a web analytics service operated and provided by Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States). Google processes the website usage data on our behalf and is contractually committed to taking steps to ensure the confidentiality of the processed data.
During your visit to the website, i.a. recorded the following data:
• called pages
• Your behavior on the pages (for example, clicks, scroll behavior, and length of stay)
• Your approximate location (country and city)
• Your IP address (in abbreviated form, so that no clear assignment is possible)
• Technical information such as browser, Internet provider, terminal and screen resolution
Source of origin of your visit (ie via which website or via which advertising material you came to us)
This data is transmitted to a Google server in the USA. Google complies with the data protection provisions of the EU-US Privacy Shield Agreement. Google Analytics stores cookies in your web browser for a period of two years since your last visit. These cookies contain a randomly generated user ID that will allow you to be recognized during future website visits. The recorded data is stored together with the randomly generated user ID, which allows the evaluation of pseudonymous user profiles. This user-related data is automatically deleted after 14 months. Other data remains stored in aggregated form for an indefinite period. If you do not agree with the collection, you can prevent them with the one-time installation of the browser add-on for disabling Google Analytics.